With the State Government, Salisbury has invested heavily in providing fully-serviced commercial and industrial land.
Land allotments of less than 5,000m2 are 60% cheaper on average in Outer Northern Adelaide than in metropolitan Adelaide*.
At $75/m2 net, average Prime Rents in Outer Northern Adelaide are on average 26% cheaper than in metropolitan Adelaide*.
Edinburgh Parks, is one of Australia’s largest advanced industrial precincts and has more than 300 hectares of fully developed land available and is the home for a range of industry sectors including Food, Logistics, Manufacturing, Resource Services and Defence. At both Technology Park and Edinburgh Parks, fully developed commercial and industrial sites are available complete with access to economical recycled water and all essential services. Other key fully developed commercial sites are at Direk, Pooraka, Cavan, and Salisbury South and North.
Fast-tracked developement and Planning
Should you want to develop the City of Salisbury has track record of providing fast approvals. The City of Salisbury approves commercial building applications within 14 to 21 days, and major projects within 3 months. Find out more.
Lowest council rates in Adelaide
With one of the lowest council rates in Adelaide for Industrial and Commercial property the City of Salisbury provides a significant ongoing saving when compared to neighbouring councils. Download Council Rate comparison for Industrial and Commercial Property. What you will find is for 2013/14 The City of Salisbury Council Rates is between 58% and 42% less expensive than the City of Playford and City of Charles Sturt respectively. Similarly comparatively locations such as Edinburgh Park and Burton offer 28% more affordable rents for average Prime Rens $/m2 than inner northern areas such as Wingfield and Regency Park*.
Available Land Opportunities
Technology Park is a world-class development for technology companies, integrated with the unique and vibrant Mawson Lakes urban precinct, already the operating base for 85 companies, including Optus, BAE Systems Australia and Saab Technologies Australia. Only 12 mins from the Adelaide CBD, Technology Park Adelaide provides a thriving environment for business collaboration and networking.
Technology Park offers facilities such as:
- Serviced offices
- Leased accommodation sites up to 1000m²
- Major commercial sites up to 500m² and;
- Land parcels of up to one hectare for major industrial developments.
Edinburgh Parks, adjacent to the Defence Science and Technology Organisation and RAAF Edinburgh, is one of Australia’s largest advanced industrial precincts and has more than 300 hectares of fully-developed land available. Edinburgh Parks is $1.9 billion investment and comprises of four precincts designated for aerospace and manufacturing, defence technology, logistics support and automotive industries.
Edinburgh Parks industrial blocks are among the best value industrial land in Australia. The site is ideally located in a major industrial growth corridor connected by Adelaide’s new northern super highway system.
There is a wide range of competitively-priced allotments, ranging from 2,500 square metres to 10 hectares or more. All allotments are fully serviced with industrial grade roads, three-phase power, potable and non-potable water, sewerage and communications provided to the boundary.
City of Salisbury works with Renewal SA to provide practical and timely development approvals.
Earlier stages of Edinburgh Parks have seen some of the biggest names in the Australian private sector established within the site such as BAE Systems Australia, Toll, Inghams, MTU Detroit Diesel, Coles Distribution Centre, Lockheed Martin. Its estimated over 3000 jobs have been created.
Some recent success stories within Edinburgh Parks include:
- $125 million state-of-the-art distribution centre for Coles, developed by Goodman
$100 million food processing facility for Inghams
- $18 million headquarters for KJM Contractors new which have over now more than 200 employees.
- $24 million logistics optimisation centre for DHL, developed by Goodman
- $20 million hight-tec machine at BAE Systems to make tail parts for Joint Strike Fighter aircraft is expected to produce 20,000 components over the next two decades.
- Relocation of Mayfield Industries in 2014. A long standing South Australian manufacturer of Low Voltage Switchboards and Transportable Switchrooms.
- Comfresh Marketing recent take up of 14,320m2 to retrofit with cold storage. There 4+5+5 year lease currently rented for $220k pa.
Keylink Industrial Estate is centrally located within Edinburgh Parks at junction of West Ave and Edinburgh Road. Already home to MTU Detroit Diesel Australia, the estate offers:
- 17ha land for purpose-built warehouse and office facilities
- Enviable access to the automotive precinct and all major arterial routes.
- Enterprise zoning – suitable for all types of industry and allowing unique planning and development benefits.
- A quality master planned estate with landscaping and B-double access
- Owned, developed and managed by Goodman
Vicinity Industrial Base caters to businesses of all sizes and provides high profile exposure at the gateway to Edinburgh Park. Fully zoned and serviced for 24/7 business needs and close to major transport routes.
Vicinity Industrial Base offers:
- 100ha of land in lots from 4000m² to 40,000m²
- Lease and purpose-built options available
- Proximity to freight routes
- B- Double access
- Opportunity for high traffic corner exposure
* Source: Knight Frank: Adelaide Industrial Market Brief, May 2013
What to know more?
Contact us for the latest information about Commercial and Industrial land availablity and affordablity.
Download: Business Facts at a Glance for key investment facts for Salisbury.