With the State Government, Salisbury has invested heavily in providing fully-serviced commercial and industrial land.
Land allotments of less than 5,000m2 are 60% cheaper on average in Outer Northern Adelaide than in metropolitan Adelaide*.
At $75/m2 net, average Prime Rents in Outer Northern Adelaide are on average 29% cheaper than in metropolitan Adelaide*.
Edinburgh Parks, is one of Australia’s largest advanced industrial precincts and has more than 300 hectares of fully developed land available. It is the home for a range of industry sectors including Food, Logistics, Manufacturing, Resource Services and Defence. Technology Park is the hub for knowledge intensive firms in northern Adelaide. Both Technology Park and Edinburgh Parks offer fully developed commercial and industrial sites complete with access to economical recycled water and all essential services. Other significant and well serviced commercial sites are at Direk, Pooraka, Cavan, and Salisbury South and North.
Fast-tracked development and Planning
Should you want to develop the City of Salisbury has track record of providing fast approvals. The City of Salisbury approves commercial building applications within 14 to 21 days, and major projects within 3 months. Find out more.
Lowest council rates in Adelaide
With one of the lowest council rates in Adelaide for Industrial and Commercial property the City of Salisbury provides a significant ongoing saving when compared to many other councils. Download Council Rate comparison for Industrial and Commercial Property. What you will find is for 2014/15 The City of Salisbury Council Rates is between 57% and 44% less expensive than the City of Playford and City of Charles Sturt respectively. Similarly comparatively locations such as Edinburgh Park and Burton offer 25% more affordable rents for average Prime Rents $/m2 than inner northern areas such as Wingfield and Regency Park*.
*Source: Knight Frank: Adelaide Industrial Market Brief, November 2015
Available Land Opportunities
Technology ParkÂ is a world-class development for technology companies, integrated with the unique and vibrant Mawson Lakes urban precinct, already the operating base forÂ 85 companies, including Codan, Ellex, Lockheed Martin, Optus, Speedcast, Tindo Solar, Topcon,Â CSCÂ and Saab Technologies Australia. Only 12 mins from the Adelaide CBD, Technology Park Adelaide provides a thriving environment for business collaboration and networking.
Technology Park offers facilities such as:
- Serviced offices
- Leased accommodation sites up to 1000mÂ²
- Major commercial sites up to 500mÂ² and;
- Land parcels of up to one hectare for major industrial developments.
Edinburgh Parks, adjacent to the Defence Science and Technology Organisation and RAAF Edinburgh, is one of Australiaâ€™s largest advanced industrial precincts and has more than 300 hectares of fully-developed land available.Â Edinburgh Parks is $1.9Â billion investment and comprises ofÂ four precincts designated for aerospace and manufacturing, defence technology, logistics support and automotive industries.
Edinburgh Parks industrial blocks are among the best value industrial land in Australia. The site is ideally located in a major industrial growth corridor connected by Adelaideâ€™s new northern super highway system.
There isÂ a wide range of competitively-priced allotments, ranging from 2,500 square metres to 10 hectares or more. All allotments are fully serviced with industrial grade roads, three-phase power, potable and non-potable water, sewerage and communications provided to the boundary.
City of Salisbury works with Renewal SA to provide practical and timely development approvals.
Earlier stages of Edinburgh Parks have seen some of the biggest names in the Australian private sector established within the sites such as BAE Systems Australia, KJM Contractors, Mayfield Engineering, Dowell Windows, Toll, Inghams, MTU Detroit Diesel, Coles Distribution Centre, Lockheed Martin. Its estimated over 3000 jobs have been created.
Some recent success stories within Edinburgh Parks include:
- $125 million state-of-the-art distribution centre for Coles, developed by Goodman
- $100 million food processing facility for Ingham
- $30 million YourDC Data Centre
- $18 million headquarters for SA Structural.
- $24 million logistics optimisation centre for DHL, developed by Goodman
- $20 million high-tec machine at BAE Systems to make tail parts for Joint Strike Fighter aircraft is expected to produce 20,000 components over the next two decades.
- Relocation and expansion of Mastec to a 10,000sqm facilities for plastic manufacturing
- Relocation of Mayfield Industries in 2014. A long standing South Australian manufacturer of Low Voltage Switchboards and Transportable Switchrooms.
- Comfresh Marketing recent take up of 14,320m2 to retrofit with cold storage. There 4+5+5 year lease currently rented for $220k pa.
Keylink Industrial Estate
Keylink Industrial Estate is centrally located within Edinburgh Parks at junction of West Ave and Edinburgh Road. Already home to MTU Detroit Diesel Australia, the estate offers:
- 17ha land for purpose-built warehouse and office facilities
- Enviable access to the automotive precinct and all major arterial routes.
- Enterprise zoning suitable for all types of industry and allowing unique planning and development benefits.
- A quality master planned estate with landscaping and B-double access
- Owned, developed and managed by Goodman
Vicinity Industrial Base
Vicinity Industrial Base caters to businesses of all sizes and provides high profile exposure at the gateway to Edinburgh Park. Fully zoned and serviced for 24/7 business needs and close to major transport routes. Some of the business featuredÂ in the estate include Cahill Transport, Nick Scarli, Kimberly Clark, Rand Logistics and Toll.
Vicinity IndustrialÂ BaseÂ offers:
- Â 100ha of land in lots from 4000mÂ² to 40,000mÂ²
- Lease and purpose-built options available
- Proximity to freight routes
- B- Double access
- Opportunity for high traffic corner exposure