There have been someÂ great business successes over the past year.Â Many of these have gone unnoticed as businesses have had their heads down doing great things.Â These investments show a strong and active local economy with an exciting future. It provides evidence that northern Adelaide is well positioned to provide opportunity for business and to absorb the contraction of automotive manufacturing.
Development approvals have shot up almost 30 per cent in the northern suburbs last financial year with housing and several major projects contributing to $414.7 million in 2013/14, up $94.8 million on the previous year.
In 2013/14 alone did you know?
- Liebherrâ€™s $65million+ expansion manufacturing and maintenance facility at Para Hills West is underway on their 20ha site which is currently one of Adelaideâ€™s largest private sector only investments. This will create 100 jobs.
- Mayfield IndustriesÂ a leading engineering company which manufactures and commissions transportable switch rooms and switchboard solutions, expanded to a 2.6ha site at Edinburgh Parks.
- Rand Refrigeration LogisticsÂ opened their $35 million refrigeration logistics centre in Vicinity IndustrialÂ Base in Direk â€“ the most successful take up of a master planned estate in Adelaide in recent times.
- The number of developments approved was up 11% to 4,222 in City of Salisbury and Playford with a total value of $414.6 million.Â City of Salisbury alone approved $225.6 million in developments over 2013-14, up 54 per cent on 2012-13. As well as a big increase in the dollar value of developments in Salisbury, the number of approvals was also up â€“ by 15 per cent to 2461.
- A $65 million distribution centre planned for Salisbury South would be among the largest private developments in Salisbury Council. The plans lodged with council are for construction on the old Bridgestone site at Cross Keys Rd, Salisbury South.
- Adelaide Produce Markets now distributes over 250,000 tonnes of produce worth $750 million annually.
- Masters HardwareÂ plans the rollout of a 13,000sq m store at Parafield Airport to be completed next year. This will create up to 200 retail jobs and 400 jobs during construction.
- The renewable energy industry is creating jobs with Tindo Solar, Australia only solar panel manufacturer andÂ IXL GroupÂ opening a new solar structure manufacturing plant in Salisbury South which will support over 50 employees.
- NewSat Australiaâ€™s most advanced commercial satellite developer is undertaking expansion to double their Mawson Lakes teleport facility as part of joint initiative to with Lockheed Martin to launch a new satellite inÂ 2015 known as Jabiru-1.
- $4 billion Marine Surveillance Project to be based at Edinburgh Parks. A part of this will include about $100 million for facilities and infrastructure in SA, plus another $20 million to support the Triton Drones.
For more investments stories see latest news.